There is a rather fine line between drinking at parties, occasionsand alcohol abuse. Too much drinking can trigger bodily and psychological damage to the drinker as well as negativelyaffect peoplearound him.
Alcohol abuse oralcoholism is consideredas a weakness, thus many of the alcoholics attempt to hide their drinking practice or attempt to undermine orunderstate it. Alcoholism could be diagnosedby observing behavioural pattern of the drinker. Otherwise observation of the behavioral pattern is the best way todiagnose alcohol addict ion.
Alcohol addiction is immoderate alcohol consumption resulting in negative effectson drinker's health, occupation or social life. There are strategies, which are used for diagnosis of alcoholism.
• Health care specialists use numerous screening tests toidentify risk for alcoholism in various drinkers. They make use of numerous types of questionnaires.Some of the most commontests are Michigan Alcoholism Screening Test (MAST), the CAGEquestionnaire, and the TACE survey. There are various more questionnaires, which are utilized for evaluation of level of alcohol addiction or its risk.
• Has the drinker ever felt the necessity of reducing alcohol consumption?
• Has he ever been irritated by others condemninghim for his drinking?
• Has the drinker ever felt bad or guilty about his drinking?
• Has the drinker ever ingested alcoholic drink immediately on waking in the morning to ease or steady his nerves?
• Has the person ever utilizedalcohol in the early morning to be rid of a hangover?
• The amount of alcohol toconstitute intoxication for them?
• Another technique of medical diagnosis of alcoholism is various blood tests to assess a variety of physical functions. Excessive consumption of alcohol might also be determined by presence of alcohol in blood or liver or kidney. Excessconsumption of alcohol likewise negatively influence kidney.
• An experienced medical professional might notice alcohol issue if a patient sees him for other bodily issues, whichmay result due to immoderate usage of alcohol. Doctor might perform additional tests for abdominal problems, heart failure, alcohol withdrawal, or cirrhosis, depending on the signs of the patient.
• Other element, which might suggest alcoholism, is sudden changes in behavior of the drinker. He mightstart hiding or lying about his drinking. He may try to conceal about his whereaboutsand his activities. He may start acting badly at work, home or socially. It is better to go for physical tests for alcohol addiction if any of the signs suggest alcoholism. Promptdiagnosis helps in appropriate treatment of alcoholism or alcohol addiction.
Alcohol abuse or alcoholism is thought about as a moral deficiency, thus most of the alcoholics attempt to hide their drinking practice or try to undermine or downplay it. Alcoholism is immoderate drinking resulting in negative effectson the drinker's health, profession or social life. •Healthcare professionals utilize a number ofscreening tests to recognize hazard for alcoholism in a variety of drinkers. If any of thesymptoms indicate alcoholism, it is better to go forphysical tests for alcoholism.Timely diagnosis helps in correct treatment ofalcoholism or alcohol dependency.